Youth Union of Turkey (TGB) and the Azerbaijan Reformist Youth Union came together in Istanbul on September 16th and signed a "Fraternity and Cooperation Treaty". Aiming to find solutions to the common problems of the two countries and the youth of the two countries with the treaty, Youth Union of Turkey and Azerbaijan Reformist Youth Union focused on solving the regional problems from Cyprus to Karabakh and increasing the communication between the youth of the two countries as a solution to the tension in the Eastern Mediterranean. President of TGB Dilek Çınar, said, "Our root is one, our homeland is one, our cause is one. A fire that falls on one of our hearts means that it has fallen on all of us. A barrel turned to one of us is turned to all of us. Our sorrows, worries, joy, and pride are common". Before the treaty, President of TGB Dilek Çınar and the Azerbaijan Reformist Youth Union Chairman Ferit Şahbazlı participated in the "103rd Anniversary of Baku's Liberation and 1st Anniversary of the Great Victory in Karabakh Photo Exhibition". The treaty attracted a lot of attention in terms of the determined and stable stance of the youth in the protection of Turkey and Azerbaijan against the dangers supported by imperialism.
“Two States, One Nation, We Are All Turkish Youth”
Thursday, September 16th, 2021
As Turkey and Azerbaijan are one nation, the youth of Turkey and Azerbaijan are also Turkish youth. We are siblings. Our root is one, our country is one, our cause is one.
A fire that falls on one of us means that it has fallen on all of us. The barrel turned on one of us is turned on all of us. Our sorrow, our trouble, our joy and our pride are shared.
There is the liberation of Karabakh and Shusha behind us. Under the leadership of Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev, the heroic Azerbaijani army has won a great victory by ending the 29-year occupation of Armenia. Turkey, with its state and nation, stands by Azerbaijan until the end. Because the homeland war made by Azerbaijan is our war too. Those young martyrs are our martyrs.
Azerbaijan has always stood by Turkey's war against imperialism-supported terrorist organizations such as the PKK and FETO. Azerbaijan has done and is doing what is necessary for fraternity against the attacks on our Blue Homeland and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean.
We have a lot of work to accomplish together and new victories ahead of us. Turkey and Azerbaijan, as two states and one nation, are walking towards new successes with an exemplary fraternity and cooperation around the world. As Turkish youth, who are the future of our countries, we are not only in this blessed march but also at the front of it. We act with the awareness of our historical duties.
As the leading representatives of the youth of Turkey and Azerbaijan, we are giving good news to the Turkic world and announcing to the world public that we have signed a "Fraternity and Cooperation Treaty" between the Youth Union of Turkey and the Reformist Youth Union of Azerbaijan:
1. We will make the slogan “Two States, One Nation, We Are All Turkish Youth” as the common flag of the youth of Turkey and Azerbaijan.
2. We will tell the Turkish youth studying in Turkish universities and high schools, in the best way possible, about the liberation struggle and victory of Azerbaijan against the occupation of Armenia, which has been going on for 29 years. We will organize events to commemorate our martyrs and celebrate our victories on important dates.
3. We will explain Turkey's relentless struggle against the terrorist organizations backed by imperialism to the Turkish youth studying in Azerbaijani universities and high schools in the best way possible. For this purpose, we will organize informative conferences and solidarity events.
4. We will organize comprehensive “Azerbaijan trips” through university communities so that Turkish youth studying at Turkish universities can get to know Azerbaijan better, see the liberated lands personally, learn about the culture and history of Azerbaijan.
5. In the same way, we will organize comprehensive “Turkey trips” for the Turkish youth studying at Azerbaijani universities to get to know better Turkey, our heavenly homeland, to visit the lands where the War of Independence took place, the mausoleum of our Great Leader Ataturk, and to learn about the culture and history of Turkey.
6. We will promote the political and strategic importance, cultural and historical value, economic and tourism potential of Karabakh, which was liberated from the occupation by the Azerbaijani Army, to the world, especially in the countries of the region and the Turkic world, in the international arena and in the media.
7. We, as Turkish youth from the two states, will carry out joint international activities for the recognition of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, the most important stronghold of Turkey's Blue Homeland struggle, by the countries of the world, especially the countries in the region and the Turkish world.
8. We will organize our mutual delegation visits and our joint activities in both Turkey and Azerbaijan in order to consolidate the ties of fraternity between the youth of the two countries and to further our common causes.